A lot can happen in a week.
Certainly, a lot did happen the week before last. Going backwards from Sunday:
- Moved all of the baby stuff and 90% of my wardrobe back home from my parents-in-law’s place
- Came back to my parents-in-law’s house from a cabin-on-a-lake trip with my guy friends
- Kayaked on a lake – including once at 1am with an awesome full moon and once where I watched my friend slowly sink. It was hilarious. [mostly Saturday]
- Left my parents-in-law’s place and, amidst confusion, arrived at and checked in at the cabin. Met a guy in a neighboring cabin who got married at that cabin ten years ago. [Friday]
- Enjoyed a blissfully work-free evening. [Thursday]
- After coming home from work, worked my ass off being my wife’s assistant. [Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday]
- Spent all day keeping the baby out of my wife’s hair, and when I could, perform assistant duties for my wife. [Sunday]
- Drive the in-laws to the airport so they don’t have to leave the vehicle at the airport during their vacation, and then immediately go and move all the baby stuff to their house. They pay me some money to watch the house and tell me that all the beer they have in the fridge and cabinet is specifically for me and Amanda during the week. Spend the evening being Amanda’s assistant. [Saturday]
I am not normally one to make exclamations about how busy I’ve been. I will say here that parenting is some pretty time-consuming stuff, and a massive deadline from my wife’s work makes it even more busy. And then add house- and dog-sitting to that whole mix, and I don’t think that I had done anything except work that entire week.
It was a week so busy that I am only getting to writing this post almost two weeks later.
I am going to keep writing posts.